Sunday 8 March 2015

Thank Goodness for Public Holidays

Not sure I would have anything new except for the fact that today is a public holiday and at 5.30am I hit the road heading for the vineyards of the Yarra Valley. There was a period during today's shoot where I didn't know which way to turn, I had balloons and and a sunrise in completely different directions and needed two different lenses to get what I wanted in the images.  There was a lot of lens changing this morning.

The idea was to catch the sunrise, which I did, but the pictures below are of the balloons which frequent this part of the world.

I have to stitch a couple of the sunrise photo's together which may take me a day or two, I think there are some quite decent panoramas amongst them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was moments after the balloons rose on the morning breeze, the pilots not entirely sure where they'd be going...


Fortunately in my direction...


There was some beautiful mist in the Valley dispersing as the sum rose higher in the sky.




Although not a technically perfect shot I like the colours from the flare from the sun and through the trees.


A little further along and just about to land.  The gateway giving a leading perspective and a pathway to get to the balloon.


No comments:

Post a Comment