Sunday 1 March 2015

Down the Valley

Only just managed to get out this weekend, it was a busy one.

I found a couple more subjects which will work well in monotone for the interclub comp.  I will need to revisit these places a couple of times to get the light correct, particularly where I've underexposed and the post processing is then creating a lot of noise.

The first image is a re-take of one from last time which I needed a greater depth of field and I thought rather than mercury the stream should be gold and this is my first image at greater than 30 seconds in an attempt to make the water appear more metallic.  I then introduced some selective areas of colour.

After the rain we've had over the past few days there were rocks in the foreground covered in water, these were the ones I wanted to increase the depth of field... When the water recedes a little I'll be back.



I revisited the rail lines to clears some bits and pieces off the track, better but not quite there yet...


Then discovered this trestle bridge and there's some scope for a few shots,  I didn't quite capture the detail in the shadows so this is down for a revisit.  The detail you can see under the bridge is all thanks to shooting in raw and post processing...


This is where I started the day and was the hill where I took the lightening shots earlier in the year. The biggest issue with this shot is I thought the sun came up 90 degrees to the left of the picture...

If I can get one or the better sunrises this will be a fantastic place with the hill being back lit...



No comments:

Post a Comment