Saturday 9 July 2016

Searching for Winter 1

Winter - what does it mean, how do you take an image that conveys the feeling of winter.  Ask different people and you get different answers.

This is my challenge for the next 2 months to capture an image that portrays winter "My Winter".

View of a misty valley but the rich colour in the sunrise gives me a feeling of hope for the day, I want desolation and hopelessness...


Mist and sun streaming through the trees, the shadows generating a feeling of foreboding, Just needed a suggestion of frost...


Cold Yarra Valley morning, leafless trees in the distance, leafless vines in the mid ground and in the foreground a parents nightmare, memories of a young girl ripped from the world.  Cold, desolate and chilling.  There was a heavy feeling when I took this shot, not wanting to trespass on the emotion but wanting to use the emotion and give it the respect it deserved.  I don't know how to feel about this image I like it, it captures the feelings I wanted to portray but maybe too many feelings....


No comments:

Post a Comment