Friday 15 July 2016

Winter Fireworks 2

Another chance to get into Melbourne for the winter fireworks so off I went (with a couple of my photo club friends).  Did a little more research and decided that using my Trigger Trap and some standard settings would be a good approach, there's 6 more weeks of fireworks so if I get it completely wrong there's always another night.

Plan:
Find different vantage point from last session
Adjust aperture to get ambient exposure right with a 2.5 to 3 second exposure.
Set up TT to take exposures of 2.8 seconds with a 0.5 second gap between exposures.
Frame shot before display begins.
Set camera to bulb and manual focus
get ready for display to start
press start button when display starts
stand back and ooh and aah at the display like a 5 year old

it worked:




Looking forward to going again as I started to play with some other effects, "Beam me up Scotty"...



No comments:

Post a Comment