Saturday 20 August 2016

Lens Roulette

Three hours of Saturday turned into frantic search for images in an unfamiliar place with unfamiliar equipment (well the lens at least). 3 briefs, 12 shots no reviewing on camera, minimum post processing (camera jpeg and crop)

First set (50mm f1.2) I tried to take advantage of the shallow depth of field, the first thing I notice was how much I rely on the zoom capability of my normal lens, with this lens I had to move to get the image I wanted. There is minimal cropping on this fist set (but there isn't 12 images).

B&W set (16-35mm f4.0), there's not as much contrast in these as I had thought but not a bad set of images (and there are 12) the 3rd image in this set had high dynamic range and I exposed for sky I will process the jpeg further to see if the foreground detail can be rescued.

Coffee in Melbourne this was never going to be a classic set of shots and I didn't get 12 (so apparently I'm sacked) the 24-70mm f2.8 didn't cope as well with the dark conditions as I'd hoped and even bumping up the iso I couldn't get a hand held shot (and you couldn't alter iso this much with film).

This was a challenge and was fun thanks to Jay Collier and Canon Collective for putting on this event



















  


 








  






No comments:

Post a Comment