Thursday 29 January 2015

Bournda National Park

It could be a million miles from anywhere and to be honest it's not the closest place, just over 400km as the crow flies but a good 7 hours drive from Melbourne.

This first image is the from the north side of the beach through the bushes, I thought about moving through the brush to see if there was a better view but the thought of snakes and not wearing long trousers I stayed on the path.

 

 Along the beach there was lot's of driftwood and some quite massive pieces, industrious folk had built shelters such as this all along the beach.  I slapped on a neutral density filter just to smooth out the waves, not an extreme application (not this time...).


One night looked like we were going to get a good sunset, the best place was across the lake from where we were, unfortunately the colours weren't as intense as I'd hoped for but I got a couple of nice shots.



I knew the moon was setting soon after the sun so I hung around a little longer and was rewarded with a slither of moon.  I  should have taken a second exposure to open up the shadows on the land on the other side of the lake, with a little post processing this would have been a much better image.


Everyday we learn is a day we live...


No comments:

Post a Comment