Friday 30 January 2015

Just Wait a While - Photofafing

Anyone knowing the photo's I like to take won't be surprised with the next collection.  It's the dreaded "fluffy water"...

Daytime long exposures using dark glass filters provides a surreal image, I do have an image that I want to emulate it's been hanging on our wall for over 25 years, not found the right location yet and I might need longer exposures than my camera is currently capable of (this will be sorted in a couple of weeks...).

The ocean waves provided a constant movement so getting the correct exposure for the effect desired can be a long process.

The biggest issue is doing this sort of photography when there are none photographers with you, hence the endearing renaming to Photofafing.

Wallagoot Gap

The first image is from the  beach which is accessible at low tide only a 2.5 second exposure to preserve the movement and not making it turn into fine mist.


The image below was taken off the rocks on the left, obviously the tide was a little lower, this was a beautiful spot especially when you're there alone, I just love the movement of the water draining out after each wave.



No comments:

Post a Comment