Sunday 8 February 2015

Sun, Igloo's and Blooms

Thought there might be a decent sunrise and set the alarm for an early start.  There was already some colour in the sky when the alarm went off so it was a dash to get to where I was going.  I chose a new area but soon found that my chosen destination had way too much electricity with wires getting into every shot, so I decided to move.

Note that not all east facing hills will provide uninterrupted views to the sunrise.

Having a failed ascent of a dirt road due to lack of grip and trying to be reasonably quiet on the local roads, I found a spot to park and wandered to a likely looking spot.

I liked the way the sun was playing on the igloo's in the local nurseries and these structures provided some foreground interest.  The rose was in a garden behind me and the warm tones of the sunrise gave some rich tones.

Returning I got a glimpse of the local water storage which I thought was worth a shot, the darker clouds promising a cool change.

Getting home the hippeastrum are in bloom and looking lovely.








No comments:

Post a Comment